पुरूषाच्या खांद्याला खांदा लावूनच आज महिला सामर्थ्यानिशी पुढे आलेली आहे. तिच्या स्त्री म्हणून जरूर काही समस्या आहेत, त्या सोडल्या तर प्रत्येक स्त्रीला तिच्या मनासारखा रोजगार वा स्वयंरोजगार करण्याचे स्वातंत्र्य आणि त्याबरोबर सुवर्णसंधी प्राप्त करून देण्यासाठी शासन व समाजस्तरावर अनेक योजना व उपक्रम सातत्याने राबविले जातात.
ज्या महिलांना आपली क्षमता लक्षात घेऊन आयुष्यात स्वतंत्र ओळख निर्माण करायची आहे, त्यांच्यासमोर केवळ शाब्दिक बुडबुडे फोडण्याचे दिवस आता संपले आहेत. किंबहुना महिलावर्गाला आता राजसत्तेतच वाटा मिळालेला आहे. महाराष्ट्रात पंचायत राज आहे, तिथे 50 टक्के महिला आरक्षण दिले गेलेले आहे. आगामी काळात आपल्यासाठी कोणते धोरण ठरवायचे हा अधिकार घटनेनेच आता महिलांना दिलेला आहे. आपले घर तितक्याच नेटाने सांभाळणाऱ्या स्त्रियांनी आता खऱ्या अर्थाने उंबरठा ओलांडला आहे. आपल्या जीवनाची घडी बसविण्यास त्या स्वयंसिद्ध आहेत, हेच सिद्ध होत आहे.
महाराष्ट्रात खासदार सुप्रिया सुळे यांच्या मार्गदर्शनाखाली महिला बचत तथा स्वयंसहाय्यता गटांनी मोठी कामगिरी बजावलेली आहे. प्रत्यक्ष उद्योग व व्यवहारात महिला कुठेही कमी पडत नाहीत, हेच या महिला गटांनी दाखवून दिले आहे. राज्यातील महिला सबला व्हाव्यात, यासाठी त्यांना त्यांच्या क्षमतेनुसार अर्थकारण समजावून देण्याचे काम खासदार सुळे यशवंतराव चव्हाण प्रतिष्ठान व अन्य संस्थांच्या माध्यमातून सातत्याने करीत आहेत. यासंबंधी अधिक माहितीसाठी तसेच महिलांना उद्योजकीय साहाय्य करणाऱ्या उपक्रमांच्या माहितीसाठी काही संकेत स्थळे व इतर महत्वाच्या बाबी नमूद केल्या आहेत.
Women writers in India are moving forward. We see them bursting out in full bloom spreading their own individual fragrances. They are recognized for their originality, versatility and the indigenous flavor of the soil that they bring to their work.
The quality of their work:
These women writers have given literary work in India an unmistakable edge. Their women are real flesh-and- blood protagonists who make you look at them with awe with their relationships to their surroundings, their society, their men, their children, their families; their mental make-ups and themselves. Women writers in India not only sweep you off your feet with just their down-to-earth attitudes, but they also have you nodding with wisdom and agreement.
Women writers in India can no longer be claimed as the exclusive property of India. Their work and their art belong to the world.
Books to read:
My Story-Kamala Das
The Descendants- Kamala Das
Moving On – Shashi Deshpande
That Long Silence - Shashi Deshpande
The Dark Holds No Terrors - Shashi Deshpande
The God of Small Things – Arundhati Roy
Baumgartner's Bombay - Anita Desai
The Peacock – Anita Desai
Fire on the Mountain – Anita Desai
Spouse: The Truth about Marriage - Shobhaa De
Wise and Unwise – Sudha Murthy
Link for job opportunity :
The one area where India is way ahead of the United States is in the empowerment of women in the information technology services arena.
Compare figures from India's technology majors and IT industry bodies such as the National Association of Software and Services Companies and studies from the Information Technology Association of America to check this out.
The ratio of women in IT services in India is rising steadily, whereas the percentage of women IT workers in the US has been declining over the years.
IT majors in India are hiring more and more women.
Newspapers that bring the latest developments around the world - and these days, the various news channels - hire women with an aptitude to be at the right place at the right time to gather relevant information about the developments, events, and convey it to the rest of the world/their readers or audience in an interesting manner.
The elements of journalism :
• Journalism's first obligation is to the truth.
• Its first loyalty is to the citizens.
• Its essence is discipline of verification.
• Its practitioners must maintain an independence from those they cover.
• It must serve as an independent monitor of power.
• It must provide a forum for public criticism and compromise.
• It must strive to make the significant interesting, and relevant.
• It must keep the news comprehensive and proportional.
• Its practitioners must be allowed to exercise their personal conscience.
A career in advertising holds a lot of promise for the modern Indian woman. Considered a high-paying and very rewarding career, advertising is all about exercising creativity, good communication and intelligence – traits that women are naturally born with! While a formal qualification does help, it is not a must-have in order to make a mark in this field.
Job Opportunities and Job Roles:
Advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managers work in offices close to those of top managers. Long hours, including evenings and weekends, are common.Working under pressure is unavoidable when schedules change and problems arise, but deadlines and goals must still be met.
Substantial ulavel may be involved. For example, attendance at meetings sponsored by associations or indusulies often is mandatory. Sales managers ulavel to national, regional, and local offices and to the offices of various dealers and disulibutors. Advertising and promotions managers may ulavel to meet with clients or representatives of communications media. At times, public relations managers ulavel to meet with special-interest groups or government officials. Job ulansfers between headquarters and regional offices are common, particularly among sales managers.
Institutions that Offers this Education:
Some of Institutions offering courses in Advertising and Mass Communications in India are:
• Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Kasthurba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi - 1
• Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Kulapati K.M.Munshi Marg, Chowpatty, Mumbai - 600 007
• Bhavan's Harilal Bhagvati College of Mass Communications, Race Course Road, Bangalore - 560 001
• Bhavan's Institute of Communications and Management, FA/111 Salt Lake City, Calcutta - 770 064
• Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, JNU New Campus, New Delhi - 110 067
• Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai - 76
• Mass communications Research Cenule, Jamia Milia Islamia, Jamianagar, New Delhi - 110 025
• Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Shela, Ahmedabad – 5
• Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Vile Parle (West), Mumbai - 400 056
• Siddharth College of Communications, D.N.Road, Mumbai - 1
• Somaiya College of Arts, Chowpatty, Mumbai - 7
• Sophia College, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Mumbai - 400 026
• University of Mumbai's Garware Institute of Career Education and Development, Kalina Campus, Santa Cruz (East), Mumbai-8.
It takes a woman to transform a house into a home. Encashing on this universal stand, interior designing is a top work opportunity most women find appealing. Though some of the best designers in the world are men, it is a little known fact that they derive inspiration from the women around them! Since most interior designers specialize in a specific area, women are finding to easier to carve a niche for themselves in home interiors while the men take a dig at corporate settings.
- Interior Designers
- Design Managers
- In-house Designers
- 3D Interior Designing
Interior designing is the link between woman and environment. It is the relationship of a woman with his surrounding space, through elements like colour, light, material, texture and form. Successful interior designer excites, inspires, reassures and reassures and relaxes the user of the space and does so in a way that is appropriate to the needs of both the space and the user.
Institutions that Offers this Education:
- SNDT Women's University, Mumbai-400 020.
- B D Somani Institute of Art and Fashion Technolog Mumbai, India
- Apeejay Institute of Design Delhi/NCR, India
- Arch Academy of Design Jaipur, India
- B.S. Negi Mahila Pravidhik Prashikshan Sansthan Nainital, India
- Exteriors-Interiors (in assn. with Jensen & Nicholson conducts courses in Computer Aided Interior Design) EDIT Institute, Mumbai. (Other centres-Bangalore, Calicut, Calcutta, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi, Mumbai, Pune).
- Rachna Sansa, School of Interior Design, 278, Shankar Ghanekar Marg, Prabahadevi, Mumbai-400 025
Some of the women who have been designated at higher positions as CEO or GM have proven that they can lead an organization in a much better way than men. They can implement new ideas and can generate more sales. The women are more successful as managers or CEO s as they have the qualities such as dedication and great learning skills.
Job in Goverment Corporate affairs sector:
Some of the government organizations called for applications from eligible candidates in this sector and the details regarding the posts for which applications were invited are given below:
• Additional Director (Law) - Serious Fraud Investigation Office
• Additional Director (Capital Market) - Serious Fraud Investigation Office
• Deputy Director (Law) - Serious Fraud Investigation Office
• Senior Prosecutor - Serious Fraud Investigation Office
• Personal Assistant - Serious Fraud Investigation Office
• Director - Competition Commission of India
• Adviser - Competition Commission of India
• Office manager (CS) - Competition Commission of India
• Assistant Director - Competition Commission of India
• Deputy Director - Competition Commission of India
• Company Prosecutor on deputation basis – Ministry of Corporate Affairs
• Visiting Faculty – Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/government-jobs-in-corporate-affairs-sector/#ixzz21ojR5iLN
Ever since Cornelia Sorabji became the first woman to become a barrister in India, several others have followed suit. Today, there is an All India Federation of Women Lawyers to boast of and Indian courts are witnessing a substantial increase in the number of women lawyers.
Women Lawyers in India, unitedly, should strive hard, to see that, there is adequate representation for women in the executive and higher judiciary.
Law Colloges :
-National Law School of India University, Banglore
-Campus Law Centre, Delhi University
-National Academy of Legal Studies and Research University, Hydrabad
-Symbiosis Society's Law College, Pune
-National Law Institute University, Bhopal